As per the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India (DBT) Norms all Principal Investigators (PIs) involved in research activities in the area of molecular biology, recombinant DNA technology, genetic engineering in microbes, plants/animal cell cultures, whole plants/animals or any work involving pathogenic microbes need to obtain clearance from Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBSC). In view of this back ground DBT has constituted a university level IBSC.
PIs from all colleges and institutions affiliated to SPPU are hereby informed to submit their application through the following online portal ONLY.
Please note that IBSC clearance is required for all RESEARCH PROJECTS AS WELL AS PRACTICAL COURSES conducted in molecular biology, recombinant DNA technology, and genetic engineering in microbes, plants/animal cell cultures, whole plants/animals or any work involving pathogenic microbes.
Online Procedure to apply for IBSC approval :
- Read the DBT guidelines thoroughly (http://dbtbiosafety.nic.in/ or Guidelines and Handbook )
- Use your teacher ID to login to the online SPPU- IBSC portal
- Fill the online application forms completely. Refer to the guidelines for any difficulties in filling up the form. You may contact the committee at
- The committee members with screen the applications and give their comments (if any). The committee members will approve duly completed applications.
- The applicants will then be issued `IBSC approval certificate’.
- OFFLINE applications will not be entertained by SPPU-IBSC.
For any queries mail us on - email@example.com